Monday, July 27, 2015

'It's Okay'. On Doubts and Insecurities

Today I learned an important lesson. Or, yesterday I guess, since it's Monday now and no longer Sunday. I was talking with a friend, and the conversation took a spiritual turn. We began talking about being insecure and having doubts about ourselves and life in general. My friend was telling me about how scary it is to worry about doing or saying the wrong thing, and I realized that's exactly why I have been hesitant to make connections with the people who are placed in my life lately. As an addict, I have always struggled with healthy connections to other people, especially the 'normal' people out there. I am always worrying more about messing up than I am about how I can help others. It's true that I am not much help if I am not strong myself, but it's the second guessing the strength of my testimony that causes me to be weak in areas of truth.

I have always felt that I need to have all the answers to be able to have a strong testimony. The reality, though, is that the only persons with all the answers are our Heavenly Father, His son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. I will never have all the answers in thbbc.co kis earthly life. You know what though? That's ok, guys. We weren't placed on this earth to have all the answers. The purpose for this period of our lives is to seek the good and truth, to gain knowledge and a body so that we can learn to be like our Father in Heaven. Seeking the answers to our questions is what brings us closer to Him.

So it's okay to have doubts and questions. It is this that allows our relationship with our Heavenly Parents and our brother to flourish. This is what allows us to be humble and turn to Them as we use the gift of the Atonement to make up for what we cannot do alone. It's okay to sometimes be afraid out of our wits. We are only to do our best and He will make up the difference.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I am your most current adherent. loved your style.
    have a Cupcake sweet day!
    drug rehabs in connecticut | heroin detox in connecticut

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this blog.
    Coachella IV Drips Palm Desert CA | IV Vitamin Therapy Palm Desert CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post. keep up with this interesting work. It really is good to know that this topic is being covered also on this web site so cheers for taking time to discuss this!
    IV Vitamin Therapy Rancho Mirage CA

    ReplyDelete